As I said before in my last post, I am planning a big move across the country very soon. Soon, as in 10 days. 2000 miles in 3 days. It’s going to be a rough, long haul to say the … Continue reading
I am moving across the country in 15 days. Just 15 short days before we finish packing our lives up and drive for 3 days until we hit Phoenix. I have never been more excited or scared in my life.
But guys, we may be homeless when we get there. And I wish I was kidding. I cannot seem to find a rental that will take our Shepherd, Torres.
So the stress is very real. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Everyone, I give you my dog.
This is Torres. He is recently retired from the United States Army. He and my boyfriend were a bomb-dog team together in Afghanistan in 2011. While on assignment with another handler, Torres started to show some back problems, and the Army decided he would get an early retirement (he is only 4).
So they called us and we got to get him back since my boyfriend was his original handler. We are so honored to have the opportunity to have him in our family. He is such a wonderful boy.
And he is a goofball. He has adjusted to retirement VERY well and is a spoiled, silly dog. We couldn’t be prouder to call him ours.
Thank you to all the other service members out there! (Human and canine!)
About a year ago I started a granny square afghan project to match the colors in my living room- Green, teal, and mint green. Granny squares are super easy to make, so I figured it would be a fast, fun … Continue reading
Since coming back to my blog and re-reading my older posts, I realized that I have not thought about or updated my “25 before 25″ List in a long time. So here is where I stand on completing these 25 goals before I turn 25.
“25 Before 25″
I am not one for New Years resolutions, so this year (2013) I decided to give myself 2 years to complete a “25 before 25″ list.
1. Run a half-marathon (I think I am re-thinking my ability to become a long-distance runner. A good update for this would probably be “Run a 10k”)
2. Go to Costa Rica to work with Sea Turtles Done!!
3. Go to Africa to work with the big cats (still hoping to do this! But I don’t know if I will have the funds before 2015)
4. Finish my undergraduate degree (Graduating in 2016)
5. Graduate with a 4.0 (or as close as possible) (Going to do this!)
6. Finish reading the 8 “for fun” Zoology books I bought recently (8/8)
7. Grow my hair out long enough to donate to Locks for Love (Donating 9 inches to Pantene Beautiful Lengths July 2013) Done!!
8. Try rock-climbing Done in Costa Rica!
9. Go to a new Zoo
10. Run a 5K in under 30 mins (Just getting back into running again after some surgery. I’ll get there!)
11. Go Horseback Riding (DONE! In Costa Rica and VA last year)
12. Complete the Tough Mudder (and not injure myself) (July 2013) DONE!!
13. Finish the “100 push-ups” Challenge (Haha I think I got to about 10 and stopped) 14. Apply and get into Vet School (I have since changed my career goals, so I will no longer be applying to Vet school) 15. Get an internship at a Zoo (This is no longer an ambition of mine) 16. Go to an MSU football game (I hate football)
17. Get a professional massage
18. Donate blood
19. Tour a winery/ Wine tasting (March 2013 VA trip) DONE!!
20. Join a new club or group just because it sounds interesting
21. Go a whole semester without missing a class (Seriously, I know I can do this. Just have to work on staying healthy!)
22. Use my kayak at least 5 times DONE!!
23. Take my mom out for a girl’s day. DONE!!
24. Make a gift for a friend, just because DONE!!
25. Spend a day exploring a new city in my state (Brethren, MI and Manistee, MI: July 2013) DONE!!
So out of my original 25 goals, I have completed 11, 4 no longer apply, and I have ten left to do. Not half bad I think. I still like the idea of completing all my “25 before 25″ goals, but if I don’t that’s ok too. I have realized in looking back at this list that your priorities can change quite a bit in 2 years. I have some things that I would still like to do from this list and definitely some things I would like to add. We’ll see what happens though :)